Home Health Aides
Under State of Florida guidelines, Home Health Aides, Certified Nursing Assistants and Personal Care Assistants are designated to work within a Home Environment providing hands-on personal care assistance. Live-In Caregivers are Home Health Aides or Certified Nursing Assistants who work and live in the home (click here for more Live-In info ).
This level of care provides:
• Assistance with bathing
•Preparation of meals
• Assistance with toileting and/or incontinence care
• Medication reminders
• Assistance with dressing/undressing
• Performing light housekeeping (including laundry, dusting, general cleaning)
• Assistance with feeding
• Changing bed linens
• Assistance with personal care (oral, hair, etc)
• Running errands (shopping, outings, doctor’s appointments)
• Assistance in transferring in/out of bed or wheelchair
Limitations: Home Health Aides cannot administer medications of any kind although they can remind the patient to take medications.
Home Health Aides work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). The RN prepares an initial Plan of Care. This Plan provides instruction to staff on what tasks to accomplish while they are in the home. The RN further reviews the case notes of the Home Health Aide to ensure that they are meeting the goals and needs of the client.